Monday, September 10, 2012

Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City
Yummy Prawns. Prawns are a lot of effort if they are not already peeled.
We really enjoyed the food in Vietnam and it was Cheap!! Especially compared to Singapore Prices.
Grilled Squid.
We visited the Cu Chi Tunnels (<--click for more information)
This picture was on the way to the Cu Chi Tunnels.
I took several pictures along the way but the further we went, the fewer pictures I took. I had an overwhelming feeling of sadness.  In the center of the site, there is a place where you can shoot all types of guns. I kept hearing the gunfire in the background while imaging the terror of war. It was more than I could handle. By the end of the tour we were all very somber.
 
Disguised entrance in the middle of the jungle floor.
Barely big enough for a Vietnamese Man to fit his shoulder through.


Ho Chin Minh City Traffic. We loved it!
I loved all the balloons on the back of this motorscooter. I am always impressed with the amount and diversity of things that people are able carry.
Christopher negotiating in the market. They loved him!
Sardines? Or, us trying to fit into one taxi.
Jordan and Christopher sat in the front and the rest of us squished in the back.
We really enjoyed Vietnam. The people were wonderful and the scenery was incredible.

1 comment:

emily said...

This is your cousin Emily grow walton catching up on yur blog. What incredible adventures you are having! Wow!