We flew into Ho Chi Min City and then flew to the island of Phu Quoc,Vietnam. It was a nice relaxing beach vacation.
We rented this boat for the day to do a little snorkeling and water fun.
Syd and Me
Ethan
Yummy Snack. This was our first experience with 'fresh' sea urchin and it was YUMMY. We all wanted more. Who knew we would love this spiny little creature so much.
Fresh Fish? This little place had all kinds of fish, sharks and various other creatures. You pick what you want and they package it up for you and off you go to lunch.
Adam and Christopher
Adam was fearless. He jumped from the top of the boat without even a hesitation.
Christopher
Preston
Ethan
Spencer
Jordan
This nice lady came by several times selling us these nice crispy sesame chip tortilla
Our beautiful beach!
This is the ultimate sand castle!!! They kids and Dad spent a good portion of the day creating this masterpiece. The Colosseo
We left the airport in 2 taxis on the island of Phu Quoc. I am pretty sure Christopher shows our taxi guy the hotel name. I have no idea where we are going. Christopher goes in one taxi, I go in the other. After an hour on dirt roads where I literally had to close my eyes several times to avoid screaming out loud (pick any number of scenarios to facilitate imagining this- my favorite was wondering who was going to win the game of chicken with the dump truck on the one lane of paved road) Spencer is no help in this because he is a natural conspiracy theorist and is sure our Taxi driver is going to take us to his village and eat us. Okay so maybe I exaggerated a little, he just pointed out that we had only turned left 4 times and we were going to end up back where we started. Christopher is no where in sight. I have limited money. Ethan has my phone. The language barrier is unbreakable. We are seriously in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains. I do know that our hotel is supposed to be on the beach. After a few more left turns and evidently some down hills we arrive at a hotel. We pile out of the taxi and at this point I am trying to not have a full out panic attack. Finally Christopher pulls up in the other taxi, so if we are lost, it is together. We weren't lost and our hotel turned out to be a quaint little hotel right on a lovely beach!





No comments:
Post a Comment