Friday, September 26, 2008

The Blog

It was my intent to start a blog after our Yellowstone vacation (didn't happen) and then I decided to start one at the beginning of this school year. I had all ready decided what the first post was going to be. The big news was going to be that on Sunday the 24th (day before the first day of school) Preston was feeling sick. The kids had taken turns being sick the previous week. About 9pm Preston came upstairs complaining of a pain in his stomach. For those of you who know Preston, know he is not a complainer. He has broken bones and hardly cried. Well, he was complaining that his stomach was hurting and was laying on the floor. Christopher asked him if he could walk over to the couch. Preston did and then he got all pale and passed out!! Christopher had been holding Adam and promptly handed him to Spencer. He grabbed Preston. Meanwhile, I being a Mom, started to go into shock myself. Not bad, but enough that I could tell I wasn't normal. (-which as a side note -helped me the next day to assure people during the fire that I was indeed NOT IN SHOCK, alas back to the story) We (meaning I-) pulled it together and took him to the Emergency Room. The doctors think that he was just dehydrated and that the combination of everything caused him to pass out-much to our relief. That to me sounded like big news. The next day he was fine, but we kept him home from school as a precaution. He was feeling better enough in the evening that we decided to go out for dinner as a celebration of the first day of school. And thus the adventure began....

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! That's crazy! Gosh, I'm glad Preston is okay - that's scary! So amazing that you had no clue what was to come in just 24 hours. Wow. Wow. Wow.