A few months ago I hit the top of my ring finger knuckle on a cheese grater. (the boys wish that I would come up with a cooler story because the truth is sooo boring) It hurt, but there was no visible injury. It was painful but I thought it was just a bruise. Two months later it still hurt and there was a visible bump on the hand. I complained enough that Christopher finally forced me into the doctor. The doctor decided that I would require surgery. We decided the sooner the better. I was awake for the surgery and got to listen to all the happenings in the Operating Room, including my doctor having to step away from surgery to go and catch a student who was passing out. And for the record you never want to hear your surgeon say, "Hmmm, I wonder what this is?" It turned out that is was scar tissue. So the doctor basically just shaved my tendon done to normal size. I was pretty useless for almost a month. Thanks to my family and friends who stepped in to help out. My hand is still stiff but I am healing bit by bit. I even got back on the tennis court last week.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment