Sunday, July 3, 2011

Preston's Collar Bone

Saturday Morning Christopher took the boys to the school to play Ultimate Frisbee with friends.  Preston went all out for a pass and had a major tumble. He was slow to get up and finally called for Christopher. Preston told Christopher that he couldn't move because he had broken his collar bone. He has broken this collar bone twice before when he was 6. Christopher asked him if he was sure and Preston said he was sure because he had heard it. (YUCK)

The girls and I were having a leisurely morning. I was just getting out of the shower when I heard the door slam closed. A moment later, Jordan comes running upstairs to inform me that Adam (4 years old) relayed the message that Dad had taken the car to get Preston who had broken his collar bone and I needed to get passports, a wallet, painkillers and phone. I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go, but thought I should head to the school. I hopped on the bike for the 2 minute bike ride to the school. I got there as Christopher was pulling out to come home. We stopped at home to grab ice and the painkillers that I had forgotten and headed towards the hospital. We got to the hospital around 11am and he was in surgery by 4.30pm.

Preston on the way to the hospital. He was such a stud, hardly a whimper.
Waiting for X-Rays (which they had to take a couple of times.)
Waiting for  Surgery


Nifty little scar
(click to make it bigger- if you want to, it isn't very pretty!!)


Before
After

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm wincing as I read this and look at the pictures! Not good at all! But Preston, you're the MAN...I'd be bawling like a baby. Hope you heal well and quickly! We miss your family!! The ward is just not the same without the Lees on their bench!!

Shiela Lee said...

I lost it at the x-ray! *hurl*