The kids love the black pepper crab, it is still messy to eat, but oh so worth it.
Singapore has nice cars EVERYWHERE! When we drive around I constantly hear:
"There is a Ferrari!"
"Oh look there is a Lamborghini, I mean two"
"Is that a maserati? Yes that is the [insert multiple models]"
The funny thing about this picture is that right after I took it another lamborghini drove right in front of the kids.
Durian-
The edible flesh emits a distinctive odor, strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and offensive. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine and gym socks. The odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia. (wikipedia)
The kids have been dying to try durian. (I really have no idea why). We finally broke down and bought some. They all tried it, from Spencer clear down to Sydney. Christopher had all ready tried it and yes, even I tried it too.
There is durian flavored everything, from drinks to ice cream.
We had some left over durian and made the mistake of taking it to the car. After a few seconds in the car, we rolled down all the windows and held the durian outside the car until we could find a garbage to dump it into. To say it is pungent would be grossly understated
Spencer gets the prize for eating the most durian. He finished his whole chunk!
Adam tried it, but I didn't get the picture snapped fast enough and he was not about to try it again!


No comments:
Post a Comment