As I have had a few months to ponder, I have found the two words that most describe my feelings are No Regrets. I don't have any regrets that I didn't talk to her often enough or that she didn't know how I felt about her or that she didn't know her grandchildren. No Regrets.
I do have unbelievable grief and loneliness. Many have told me that it will get easier, but for now it only seems to be getting harder and harder. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and knowledge that we will be together again. It is the day to day interaction that I mourn.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey there, feel free to call ANYTIME! My new phone number is 801-921-9515. You're a champ and I love you! Catherine
I spoke with your dad when I was home for Christmas. He talked tenderly of your mom, her final days, what he loved most about her, and how much he misses her by his side. It was so real, so touching and I can't know what he and you must be going through right now. I'm truly so sorry for your loss.
I should have warned you that it gets worse before it gets better. It gets lonelier. Isn't it a strange feeling to be lonely when there are so many people around? I'm thinking of you.
Suck it up, Buttercup!
(You know I'm just kidding...kind of!)
Post a Comment