Friday, October 30, 2009

Tender Mercy

On Friday, 30 of Oct, around 1:40pm, I got a call from my brother Jeff saying that they were taking my Mom by ambulance to the hospital.  He said it was serious, but didn't know how serious.
Usually Christopher is at work, but had taken the day off because we were getting the last of our furniture delivered.
Not long after the first call, my brother called back to say that they had had to stop the ambulance to perform CPR on my Mom.  At this point I knew that she was probably gone. 

I am so grateful that Christopher was there with me.  I immediately began to go into shock.  He took good care of me.  Again my brother called to say that she wasn't at the hospital yet, but she was on her way.

I looked at flight online and saw that there was a flight in 45 minutes.  If I hurried to the airport, I could get on a flight to Spokane, I would be there in an hour.  Christopher packed for me and we jumped in the car.

I made it to the Hospital as Mom was being transferred from the Emergency room to the ICU.  She was alive, but only because the marvels of modern medicine.  As I entered her room, it was very apparent that she was all ready gone.  I was able to be there as the decision was made to take her off of life support.

I know Heavenly Father blessed me to have Christopher home.  Not only was he here to comfort me, he was able to drop me off at the airport so I could make it to Washington. This was not a coincidence this was a TENDER MERCY from a loving Heavenly Father.

No comments: